Wednesday 13 February 2013

Early beginnings

I have been interested in the Big House ancestry since I read the novel The Last September by Elizabeth Bowen.  My local Big House is in Mourne Park Kilkeel which is currently owned by the Anley's. 

I went on the website for Mounre Park and emailed Mrs Julie-Ann Anley who answered within two days, asking me 'how can I help?' and gave my her phone number.  After two phone calls she invited me for coffee so that she could discuss her research and information that she had gathered for me. 

2 comments:

  1. Do you know if there is anything left of the house after the fire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To my knowledge the two wings were left untouched and they are currently rebuilding the fire damaged oldest part, which is in the center of the house.

      Delete